AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Best loader tractor you"ve ever owned or used?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

GregChuckles
Posted 11/11/2012 12:14 (#2690724)
Subject: Best loader tractor you"ve ever owned or used?

Probably more for machinery talk, but I want this to be for the cattlemen and ranchers only so I posted it on here. Want to start a good discussion, throughout the years what has been the best loader tractor you've ever owned considering durability, ability to perform multiple tasks, manueverability, features for its time period.

I will start with mine; John Deere 4455 FWA. Are there tractors out there with more features, comfort, and manuevability on the market: absolutely. But for its time this was the mack daddy on the operation where I work. Durability was great, had almost 13000 hrs before any type of serios problem, started although not easily in cold weather, hard to get it stuck, big enough to run a good sized feeder wagon or any type of pto equipment and to pull a heavy load of hay yet small and manueable enough to get around in the smallest of pens. Cabs were ok and comfortable for their time period.

4440 2wd will come in a close second, due to most of the same reasons, but the FWA on thhe 4455 threw it over the edge.

Edited by GregChuckles 11/11/2012 12:17
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)