AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

stamp farms in decatur, mi
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Alberta Pioneer
Posted 11/11/2012 00:37 (#2690117 - in reply to #2689944)
Subject: Re: stamp farms in decatur, mi

Warburg, AB
Ed Winkle - 11/10/2012 13:55

What if that were you? Would you want that on here?

Ed

Won't ever be me, so know fear of it. I have a hard believing the reasons why a farm that big is having trouble financially - if it's so tough, why are you so big? Retreat, regroup, re-attack. Downsize, prioritize, revitalize.

kinzepower - 11/10/2012 16:21

Good ole' jealousy knows no bounds on this site.
Good christian trait.
I agree with mone.

Don't know if that was directed towards me, but I can sure say I'm not jealous. I may be harsh with my statement, but the Good Lord granted me at least a little humility and honesty. Not enough to always be humble, but enough nonetheless.

4speed - 11/10/2012 18:27

I hope its true, that guy is destroying farmers in Mi,he goes around and offers cash rent that no one can compete with. Young farmers don't have a chance.

Kind of what I'm thinking, if the banks gives you the green light....

ramlamb - 11/10/2012 20:22

There would be a lot more jobs if that 40,000 acres was farmed by 40 guys with a 1000 acres each or 20 with 2000 each. The combines, tractors, grain carts, planters, trucks etc, might be smaller than these guys use but there would be a lot more pieces of equipment and more people to operate it, service it, sell it, finance it, etc.

Sad truth is, you're more than likely right. But Uncle Sam or Cousin Canada will never agree with us, because that's 40 individuals. If it were a coop, it might be different.

Bruce
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)