AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

No more GM or Chrysler for me...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

CMWS
Posted 11/8/2012 22:21 (#2686782 - in reply to #2686433)
Subject: Re: No more GM or Chrysler for me...

jd9600 - 11/8/2012 19:02

I don't get everyone's thinking on here. If everyone was to boycott GM products how do you expect GM to pay back the loan? I have always bought GM pickups and have been very happy. I have never owned a ford, and NEVER will, but I have unfortunatly driven several and have never cared for them. Farmers have been getting government bailouts for years, and we think nothing of it, in fact expect it! If the public boycotted food grown by farmer that recieved money form the government, how would farmers pay their bills???

Farmers would change their practices and produce food in a way that meets the needs of the consumer or they would go out of business. Seems pretty simple really.

And no, I don't agree with "guaranteed income" that farmers have through subsidized insurance. It is what it is, but I don't think it is right. But then I buy much of my beef from local guys I know are not getting government money to raise their beef and raise much of my own other food, so I guess it could be said I boycott farmers that take money from the gov too...to a certain extent.

Edited by CMWS 11/8/2012 23:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)