AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Financial cliff...401K's et al.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

davpal
Posted 11/9/2012 02:01 (#2687099 - in reply to #2686182)
Subject: RE: Financial cliff...401K's et al.

Mid Michigan
Take a big chunk of it out, pay the taxes and penalties on the money and buy yourself a nice chunk of land somewhere for hunting and farming. That's what I did and I have very little to no regret for doing it. There is no guarantee as to how long you might live so that paper statement that comes every quarter to tell you how much you have is about as useless as tits on a boar hog. I wanted to enjoy some of my hard work before I got too old to care. Don't buy into all the bs about saving for 50 years and retiring a millionare. Most end up six foot under before that ever happens. Another thought I'm thinking would be a really nice insulated and heated shop. Most of my repairs get done in a 30x40 cold pole barn that has too much junk in it and I do most work outside on a pad of cement. I can either have the shop or get a statement in the mail every quarter that says I have the money to buy one if I want too. We always use a ruler at work to measure our lifespans. Take that ruler up to about 75 inches and look at how much you have used up already and how many inches on that ruler you have left. It's shocking to most people to look at it that way. I'm not waiting any more for anything. Now is time, not later.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)