AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why are so many good questions ignored on here any-more
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Old Pokey
Posted 11/8/2012 16:22 (#2686120 - in reply to #2685692)
Subject: RE: Why are so many good questions ignored on here any-more

It's not just here, I can assure you.

IMO, which is just that, my opinion, it has more to do with the internet gaining birthdays and getting faster and easier. Let me explain my opinion.

Way back in the old days of the internet, pretty much all rural (farmers) people had an extremely slow dial up connection and many, were charged by the minute on line. Most of the forum boards had only the business side of things, and not much cafe or coffee shop as many did not have the time or wish to spend the money on personal exchange.

As time went on, and people started getting faster connections etc., more personal exchange started going on. Soon, like any gatherings, groups started forming that thought they had common interests. When they had no personal exchange, they did not know much about the common interests, so they tended to just answer questions. It did'nt matter if they were no-till or conventional, drove JD or case, big acres or small acres, etc. No-one really knew any of that about each other.

As more and more personal information about each other was revealed in coffee shops etc., and more people could say a lot more stuff online as the connections got even faster, the no-till crowd quit talking to the conventional crowd and vise versa. The case only quit talking to the JD only and so on and so on.

Like anything else, as the comfort level rose with being anonomous online, so did the arrogance and complacency. So now, the full auto control people wont answer questions of the manual control people. The no-tillers wont have anything to do with the conventional questions unless they can get a dig in. Etc., etc.

So now with 24/7/365 internet in your pocket and facebook etc., the groups have gone to their own group meetings and left the general boards. When they do return, many just scan for familiar names and only take a second to answer that question, then back to facebook or texting etc.

IMO.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)