AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field fresh trade-ins, do you clean them?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

swne
Posted 11/8/2012 09:19 (#2685638 - in reply to #2685072)
Subject: Re: Field fresh trade-ins, do you clean them?

Cambridge, southwestern Nebraska
I always try to clean them up. Trading a tractor this winter and am going to be waxing it today. We'll have it cleaned up nice since we have time and the weather is cooperating.
Last year I traded a tractor and a grain cart right out of the field. I asked the salesman if that would be OK. Told him it was going to come in a little dirty but saved about 30 miles of roading. The weather was kind of cold at the time and he already had the tractor sold and the customer was wanting it ASAP. He didn't have a problem with that.
I do think it reflects on the persception of the dealer about how you take care of equipment and he will have to take into consideration extra cleaning time if the machine comes in dirty. I know the saleman talks about other farmers and the way some of the equipment shows up and I don't want to be included in that category!
Cleaning up equipment is much like storing equipment inside. I had a dealer tell me on a $250,000 machine if it is stored inside vs. setting outside can be about an automatic $5,000 difference in price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)