AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Naturally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/4/2012 19:53 (#2678413 - in reply to #2678024)
Subject: RE: Naturally

Southeast Wyoming

happycatcher - 11/4/2012 15:12 Well...of course their sitter will watch them on my nights to help drive others home if I am called to do so and I sure don't pay a sitter to go drink. I am a mother. I do not drink more than a glass of wine or beer when I do drink, which is rarely. And I think helping drunk college students get home safely is different than supporting the addictions of the homeless or needy. People are going to go to bars. They're going to get drunk. They're going to drive a lot of the time. Setting up prior arrangements to ensure they get home safely keeps people out of jail...and alive. I am very aware that people often abuse alcohol to self medicate for depression or temporarily ignore problems and that alcoholism plays a part in the lives of many of the homeless. What does that have to do with establishing a safe system for people to utilize when they've had too much to drink?

I'm just trying to get you to think this stuff out before hand instead of making up excuses as you go.  Yesterday you seemed to indicate that it was okay to drink because the babysitter lived next door.  And  " I do not drink more than a glass of wine or beer when I do drink, which is rarely.": but it just happened this one time when you happened to be embarrssed by it.  So please ask yourself just how rare it really is?  Was it just this one rare time or did this one time stick in your memory because of the responsibility you took on but could not live up to?  Alcoholics seldom realize they are developing a problem until the addiction has taken control, if then.

I repeat, I'm not trying to put you down, just trying to make you think.  Alcoholism strikes very close to home, not in my immediate family but very close.  The time to nip-it-in-the-bud is now before it goes full bloom.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)