AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Naturally
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Gary Lyon
Posted 11/3/2012 10:03 (#2675595 - in reply to #2674973)
Subject: RE: Naturally

Southeast Wyoming

happycatcher - 11/2/2012 19:57 I drank a glass of wine with a late dinner and ten minutes later got a text reminding me it's my turn to be the DD for the weekend for a volunteer club we set up through TSTC. The club was my idea and I made a big speech about on your night not even taking a single sip of alcohol since others depended on us being 100% OK to drive. I had to fess up and get someone else to take over and I am humiliated. I am currently working on an apology letter to the club and figure it will be necessary to resign as head spokesperson and vote in someone else. I can't believe I did that. I can't imagine what the other volunteers are saying. Edit: I forgot to mention this is the first night our club's services are available. The first night is a pretty important night.

Why not show the world that you are serious?  Did you drive home with your kids after having that drink?  Or do you ever?  (Edited to add:  What about driving at all after drinking?  What about endangering other people on the highway and in the community?  What about texting and taking pictures?)

Are your kids any less important than your club members?  Why not use this event to change your life and stop drinking alcohol?  Then your club will surely see how important it is to you.  It matters little whether or not you hold some position in a club; you will always hold a position in your family.

Edited by Gary Lyon 11/3/2012 10:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)