AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Seed sales rant...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

nlegler
Posted 10/22/2012 16:01 (#2654804 - in reply to #2652346)
Subject: Re: Seed sales rant...

NC Iowa
This also reminds me of last year when farmer in is young 90's still going strong was getting ready to plant, he has a 6 row planter and had gotten his seed from the coop not from myself and had them in bags. Driving by that morning to head out and do some field cultivating across the fence row from him, seen he was getting ready to load up the planter so stopped in and lifted and poured the bags for him, and for the rest of the day when I seen him stop and needed to be refilled hopped out of the tractor got in the truck drove down to his field helped him refill. Noticed that the coop seed sales guy that only sales seed and doesnt farm drove by a couple times pulling a seed tender for the bigger operator down the road. Guess maybe it is a good thing I sell seed and farm, or else I'd lose that farmer helping another farmer mentality even if he hasn't done anything for you. This year he bought 5 bags of corn from me, but it wouldn't have mattered if he bought 0 because I'm still going to stop in and help him out while the "seed sales only" guy keeps driving by.

Edited to note: I'm 23 live in North Central Iowa just incase you wanted to say something about all the younger generation not knowing how to show respect and feel they are entitled to everything. I will agree with you that the mass majority of my generation doesn't conduct themselves the same way as I do and it goes back to how I was raised and am thankful that I had a family teach me the values I show and act out today.

Edited by nlegler 10/22/2012 16:06
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)