AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cheap Chinese T posts
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 11/9/2007 01:21 (#234421 - in reply to #234316)
Subject: RE: Cheap T posts...grazing corn stalks, etc..

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
No, no corn here. Actually there is a real small amount of corn grown for silage by one guy and maybe by the dairy outfits over in Hank in OR's area. Nearest corn I believe is down in the Sacramento Valley, around 200 miles south. They have lots of winter feed there, so I don't think they graze much. Bale a lot of stalks sometimes.

Fall feed here is generally alfalfa or grass hay stubble. Works well as most of the cattle guys are alfalfa growers. Still will be feeding shortly if not already. I don't do much if any grazing on hay fields. Mostly because I don't like having cattle on this black spongy soil we have. Too hard on the plants IMO. Also end up with rougher fields, cattle trails and this ground can be so soft they are going to compact it when it is this wet. Also with the little 'hobby sized' herd of cows we have, it just isn't worth messing with.

For your temp fencing I don't even brace the T posts at the ends. Just drive it in good. Never had one pull out just using the polywire.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)