AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

crops burning up here
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

KTinSD
Posted 6/15/2006 09:37 (#19650 - in reply to #19600)
Subject: RE: crops burning up here

East Central SD
Sorry to hear that dakota - I had heard that north central SD was pretty dry, which would be just south of you. We (east central) aren't that dry here, in fact I struggled to get things planted from earlier rains and there is some lower ground in this area that isn't planted. That beats what you're dealing with but mudding in isn't a good way of doing it either. Some have resorted to scuffing with a disc to get the wet ground to dry, then you know what you end up with. It is one of those years where you go through the lower part of the field trying not to get stuck and then across the higher part of the same field the dust just rolls. I've got spotty stands but I hope the 85/100ths we got yesterday will get some to sprout yet.

It's always amazing how quick things can change, things were kind of stalling out (alfalfa wasn't coming back, wheat wasn't doing a lot, lawns turning a little brown) but the showers we just got should jump start things a little. We can all hope the jet stream will shift and start sending some rain across your area. Good Luck.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)