AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Trailers again.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/6/2007 02:12 (#232892 - in reply to #232881)
Subject: Re: Stock Trailers again.......

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Hey Rich,
I belive you on the price you showed me. When I was looking I thought, by the time I added a few options. 14 ply tires, rumber floor, etc. frt. it was going to cost me $11,500 if I remember right, maybe less. I chucked the quotes I had on my desk a few weeks ago when I ordered my Featherlite from a buddy. I guess a so called buddy LOL. I have to give him deals, but I pay the going rate with him! The Titan I looked at had the wavey side panels, no vertical posts in it. I really thought they were a good solid trailer.

I could have bought another HotShot 7x24 for $9,600 but never again. It was just too lite built for my uses. I'm needing my new trailer and I haven't checked to see when it will be in. I've got a lot of left over calves 550 -600 lbs. steers from a contract this last week. I would like out of here, but the market has taken a dump here lucky to get a $1 to $1.05 for 600 wts. now. This high priced fuel, and feed is going to thin a lot of the boys out this winter. I'm just thinking one screw up, and I'll be down the road, LOL!

I'm ready to go back to herd'n sheep again, it seemed the only worry I had as a kid herding was what we cooked for lunch, and what time to take a nap! Life was soo much simpler back then. I have to think back at all those special tasks I learned to handle, like how to roll a smoke with one hand while a horseback. Learning how to break into other ranches beer staches in sheep camps. I just had to learn what their herders rifle was, they would use that as their combo number on the lock (30-06). My wife tells me I scare her as to what I learned as a kid! I never had a bad day with gramps herd'n sheep.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)