AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock Trailers again.......
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/5/2007 05:22 (#232344 - in reply to #232176)
Subject: RE: Stock Trailers again.......

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
Hey Rich, I just have to give you a bad time, but why let the poo build up in your trailer? Why don't you get a rubber squeegee and clean right after hauling cattle. It's a lot faster to do that, than let it build up. I just got rid of a 24' HotShot steel trailer becuase it wasn't going to hold up for me. It was only three years old. I had to put a new floor in it, and reweld door hinges. 90% all hiway miles, not off road. I went back to alum. just for the simple fact, yes I will have to weld on it, in the future. But I don't have to repaint it. And when pulling in winter, I salt the floor before loading cattle in freezing weather. It will stay liquid till I get home to clean trailer out. I wouldn't want to salt a floor in a steel trailer w/mats. I just don't think it would last very long at all.

I would like to hear about your rumber floor down the road. I was really looking at a Titan 24' w/ rumber in it. It was going to cost me about $11,500 for it. At the last minute changed to a Featherlite 24' w/cam locks on bothsides of back door to open direction, two speed jack, and a few other special items for $16,000. My 92' Featherlite has held up very well with all the off road I do. But I won't lie, we weld on it every year. We put about 20,000 to 25,000 miles on a trailer a year.

As much as I pull trailers, I really should be trading every 3-4 years. I got out of that steel trailer in fine shape, but I had to rebuild it too in 3 years also.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)