AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Landlord Wants To Hock On To Tile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/27/2012 12:46 (#2611531 - in reply to #2611508)
Subject: Re: Landlord Wants To Hock On To Tile

southern MN
Well, I could write pages, but the short answer is: they think they are a god and they have lawyers on retainer whether they are used or not so they go ahead and use them.

My lawyer got them to come to the table, and they chipped in a little to the deal but of course my lawyer got a tad over 50% of that. They certainly are not 'good neighbors.' :)

When they got papers from my lawyer, they came and dug up my tile and put in a few feet of single wall plastic to patch up a piece of damaged concrete when I wasn't home - if you know tile, you know that is a restriction, single wall plastic needs to be upsized to flow the same as smooth concreete - they would have needed to use dual wall, and they only fixed 20 feet, while their vibrating plow went 4 feet deep for 900 feet on top of the tile - after I told the installers verbbally to stay away from the tile that is there. And so on - I'm writing a book..... It was a fun learning experience. *

Funny deal so we can laugh instead of grumble: Year latter my lawyer mentioned someone out yonder had their basement flooded out for 2 years, until they found out the previous owner allowed the electric company to put in a utility pole and it blocked a field tile, diverting 20 acres of filed drainage into their basement. The pole was placed in dry period, and new owner had no clue what was going on. While I am not privy to the details, it was equally messy for them to deal with who is responsible for similar reasons.... My lawyer made it sound like it was 15 miles from me....
I come to find out a few months later, this is _the same_ tile main, upstream of me just a 1/4 mile away. And somehow both I and the neighbor I don't know ended up with the same lawyer from a couple towns away.

So in the span of 2 years, this mile long tile line got reamed by both the phone co and the electric co really messing up water flow. I got 900 feet of broken or unknown tile, and neighbor was running up to 5 sump pumps and had basement damage.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)