AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

refuge audit anybody else get a letter?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 9/26/2012 06:20 (#2609466 - in reply to #2609273)
Subject: Re: refuge audit anybody else get a letter?

Martinsville, Ohio
They tell me one out of ten farmers or so are selected randomly by the majors who own traits for those majors to comply with EPA regs they agreed to with the trait.

The trait sheet and refuge requirements are huge now, I would post if I could easily.

The letters are normally sent out after planting, this seems like a wierd time to get such a letter.

Various seed associations and other groups are hired to audit the list the majors give to them.

The inspectors or auditors are trained on what to ask for and how to fill out the paperwork and deal with the farmer.

The inspector is given a list of names with a requirement of so many for each major company and recalls from last year where the numbers did not come back right.

The inspector calls or shows up at your door with paper or computer to sit down and go over your refuge for the traits you bought that got pulled.

It's not too difficult if you understand what you bought and how you kept the refuge for those traits being audited.

It's scary if you don't know what you planted where or how you kept the refuge for it.

This is about as simple as I can put it early this morning.

Ed
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)