AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

new to me ---NI. 486 baler problems.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Posted 6/14/2006 09:33 (#19401)
Subject: new to me ---NI. 486 baler problems.

I just used this NI 486 baler for the first time yesterday. Trying to get the hang of it. And tweak it to work better. It is a manuel tie machine. I cant get the twine arms adjusted so they 'cock' the cut off knifes when going in, and kick them out when they are finished tying thereby cutting the twine. When the arms start too wide on middle, or, out, they dont cock the knifes, when they do they wont cut off the twine. I already moved the little rollers all the way out. Seems the cables are too long, is that 'possible'???

I also cant tell when the bale is full. This is a manuel tie machine. All I can tell is if it is idled down a little the tractor starts to pull harder. The full bale light doesnt work. It doesnt come on when the back door opens either, nor the alarm doesnt sound,,, unless I havent filled it full enough yet, but hate to break it. Tried to buy a new switch for the back door but parts kid didnt have a clue which switch I needed and book is less than helpful so waited till I can take old one off and take with me next time there.

TIA for any help in getting this thing to work RIGHT!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)