AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Almost had a crop circle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Oakwood
Posted 9/18/2012 22:49 (#2598372)
Subject: Almost had a crop circle

Manitoba
driving home today past one of our corn fields and I see a minivan parked a few hundred yards down the side of our field. entire field is surrounded by 5 strand barbed wire and the approach they got in on is not easy to get to get through. It's not a usual spot to be so I thought I better check it out. Drive up and find 2 guys, probably mid to late 40's loading up their van with corn, stalks and all. Back seats are down and it's about 1/4 full. they looked like they were not about to stop so I Ask them if I can help them with anything. "you own this field?". So I ask them what they are up to and they inform me they have this party coming up and they need a bunch of corn to make it look right. After explaining that corn does not grow wild for me and that it does in fact cost money to grow they asked me if they could pay me for it. by that point I was a little disapointed in humanity in general and requested they please return the corn back to the field where they got it and leave.

Now I know I should not ever be surprised at the stupid things people do but they keep on amazing me. Really, at what point does that make sense to you. I guess the barbed wire didn't do the trick. now I have to electrify it as well.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)