AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fall garden pictures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 9/14/2012 10:13 (#2590758 - in reply to #2590345)
Subject: Re: Fall garden pictures

East Central Arkansas
Yes I do use labled pesticides. I don't normally use Sevin but mainly it's just because it's not something that I have on hand. The liquid sprayable Sevin is not a product you want to leave mixed up in a sprayer as it settles out and stops up tips. Being a cotton and soybean farmer here in the midsouth I normally have on hand several different insecticides that are labled for what I need to spray. Some have long preharvest intervals some are short so you really have to pay attention to the lables. A lot of these products are very low use rates per ac so you have to be able to accurately figure the amount needed and calibrate your sprayer. With weed control we also use some of the herbicides that are used on the farm crops. You really have to study lables and rates and preharvest intervals. Also plant back intervals from where a herbicide is used on one crop until the next crop is planted. Even then you still need a good hoe and a tiller. The broccoli was just chopped out before the picture was taken. I don't sell produce from this garden but at one time several years ago we were doing that. I was much better at raising stuff than selling it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)