AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Training New Drivers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Chad H
Posted 6/13/2006 21:10 (#19266 - in reply to #19246)
Subject: Re: Training New Drivers

NE SD
Does Iowa DOT use testing stations, or do they use 3rd party testers like SD does? SD requires the use of the clutch...........and states in the manual that you can't shift in corners or in intersections. Nice thing about the 3rd party system is most testers have their heads on straight and don't require either of these things........of course there is one I know of that does...........exactly the reason I didn't take it from him. Talk to a custom harvester to see where they would recommend going. The guy I took it from was a super-nice easy going guy.........found that out before hand by asking around first.

You wouldn't dare use the clutch in our International...........something about it, if you even attempt to use the clutch, you'll be grinding.........forget the clutch and you can move it with one finger. If you're teaching new guys to drive, I would recommend you not let them use more than two fingers to push the shifter or to pull it back.......that will eliminate any "forcing" of the gears.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)