AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moving your farm, where to and why? just for fun....
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BIGASH Farms
Posted 8/15/2012 01:51 (#2540119 - in reply to #2539130)
Subject: RE: Moving your farm, where to and why? just for fun....

MN
frytownfarmer - 8/14/2012 17:21

Well... Either an hour north of me where there are very good sized fields, nice black dirt and gently rolling hills... Fields big enough for a 36 row planter yet won't drown out a crop in heavy rain. Or where I'm at now is alright as well..

Or... My unrealistic dream... To buy for $10/ac. 50000 ac valley of rich black soil in Alaska... Put it all under pivot with pattern tiled 640 ac. fields and breed a 20 day corn that can yield 200 bu. corn... Because no one would think anything could be grown there I would get it cheap... And I wouldn't have any competition... Just myself...

I would mine for gold in the mountains and hunt moose and bear in my free time... And fish in the crazy awesome lakes... I would raise free range cattle and ride my pony on a cattle drive. I would also randomly recreate scenes from the movie "white fang"... Where he plays the Jew harp, ya know?

when are we partnering up on this adventure? lol Ive been to alaska 3 times, awesome place, lets start working on that corn hybrid.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)