AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using Prowl in no-till
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 6/11/2006 19:58 (#18784 - in reply to #18732)
Subject: RE: Using Prowl in no-till

Beans planted April 26th are a spotty 12"-14" tall now. Most of my beans went in around May 10th, they are about 6-8" tall. None of my beans are on the bottom, so at least I still have a bean crop right now. I imagine that this much rain will clear the way for weeds to sprout in the fields. I am going to spray them all anyway with either Raptor, Cobra, or Flexstar per the conversations below. Maybe a combination of them all....lol.

Corn crop almost went under water....Must of been at least 3.5ft of creek water. This morning as the creek was rising I watched a log floating down the creek make a right angle turn into my roadside ditch.......then down the ditch about 200yds.....make another turn....and head straight into my field. I had to laugh at that. I'll definately walk that field pretty good if we make it to harvest.

Official estimate was a little over 7" of rain last night. I can't believe that one night can make such a difference. Yesterday I was talking to an absentee landlord about the best crop of corn that I've ever had growing down there. I told him that I probably jinxed myself by bragging so. This afternoon I called him to let him know it's submerged.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)