AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

True cutting width of a 630 Hydraflex?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ray (ecks)
Posted 10/16/2007 00:45 (#220219 - in reply to #220086)
Subject: RE: True cutting width of a 630 Hydraflex?

We're running a 635 with sf2. I've never measured it, but in manual I have no problem cutting 14, 30" rows. I can set it on 34.5' and run at an angle and it will just barely keep from missing a stalk, maybe once in a while it lets one get by. I'm fine with the way it works in this type of situation. I've tried to run it down the row and so far have not found a solution that would allow me to do this.

I've not been able to run it on a field where we planted with sf2 on an AB line. Most of our land is not flat or straight enough for that. I am running where it was planted with a 16 row planter with sf2 using the adaptive curve auto steer.

I've tried using the adaptive steering with an 8 row corn head where I am running on the same set of 16 rows that I just went through the field on and it will wander too much. The stalks start hitting one side or another and ears start flying.

On soybeans when I've tried to follow the rows with adaptive steer after making a pass through the field it will do one of several things. If the cutting width is set too narrow, say 34' it will wander enough that the end snout will start knocking a row down, it does not have a preference of which side. If I widen the cut out to 34.5 it will do better, but it will still get off enough that it will leave a row uncut at times. When coming back through at the same spot sometimes it will move over and pick it up, sometimes it won't, either way once it leaves a row you're stuck switching rows as you go through the field which knocks beans down every time you do. If I set it wider yet, to 35' the same as what the row spacing is supposed to be in a perfect world, then it will get far enough into the uncut beans to knock a row down. AT 35' it will very seldom leave a row uncut like it would with a more narrow setting, but I can't live with the snout pushing a row down because it's sliding over too far.

This is just my limited experience from a couple afternoons. I normally don't get in the combine much so I don't have a lot of time to play with the settings.

Ray

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)