AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pfarms
Posted 7/20/2012 19:01 (#2497030)
Subject: 6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
Have a 6 year old daughter that has a very difficult time listening to instructions and obeying them.

This has always been a issue and I have done everything I can think of (scolding, positive reinforcement, constant reminders, direct eye contact, etc.) except spankings, and don't know what else to try.

Probably told her close to 50 times over the past few day to 'stay close' or something to that effect and she would still run off. We were at many public places and I am getting sick of yelling and having her to continue run off. My voice is starting to go and I am not a happy camper.

Told her to not go too deep in the water today as she had clothes on and managed to get everything wet. I knew this would happen as soon as we got to the falls today, but I gave her the benefit of the doubt. That was my last straw for the trip...

She is currently going on her 2nd half hour of crying/pouting because she can't go swimming with her 3 year old sister due to her inability to listen to our instructions (I.E., if you can listen, you can go swimming). Hoping a complete meltdown will maybe let this sink in. Might also have to not allow anymore of her movies to be played the remainder of the weekend.

Am I expecting too much or is this very typical of a 6 year old? Have a couple of nieces that don't pull this stuff, but I'm not around them all the time either.

What else could I do to get her to listen?

Is something an issue medically speaking?

Any other experiences and outcomes of a scenario like this?

Thanks,

Lance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)