AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Twisted bobcat skidloader
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

trailcutter
Posted 10/15/2007 23:03 (#220139 - in reply to #220018)
Subject: RE: Twisted bobcat skidloader

WC MO
Boss man I used to work for had a JD 6400 with 640 loader. one side of the loader arms got caught on the ground without an attachment mounted while the tractor was moving fairly fast. It sprung the loader arms enough that a bucket would not attach quite right to the quik-attach mounts.

I was skeptical when he told me that he was taking it to a nearby small town body shop that had a frame straightening machine and apparently one h___of a good technician to operate it because it came back perfectly aligned. It was nearly two inches difference when we measured the arms on the concrete floor in the shop but there was no noticeable difference in the measurement afterwards.

It was one of those "might as well try it, nothing to lose" type things. Boss man said that he had talked to the alignment tech and was assured he wouldn't be wasting his time bringing it over.

Moral of the story is that it can be done, but you will need to find a willing shop with a tech who isn't afraid to take it on. I was told it's all in how the chains are attached and where the frame is pulled. It's helpful for the tech to know how the damage was done so that it can be undone in reverse.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)