AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Colo incident makes me think I need concealed carry
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Mav
Posted 7/20/2012 14:04 (#2496630 - in reply to #2496073)
Subject: CC’s Role In Protection of Self/Others

There is a lot of emotion in the matter so people’s opinions are going to be very defensive. But in an attempt to be factual, I am going to throw light at two very recent scenarios, one being the theater shooting and the other relating to the link that RockMntKng posted. They, of course, are not identical, but have some similar qualities in the very beginning.

The Café Robbery:

Two guys enter the premises with masks and weapons. They then started to make threats and demonstrated that they would do harm. About 10 seconds later an elderly man pulls out his concealed weapon and starts shooting at them. The two robbers immediately flee the scene, one with a wound in his arm and the other with a wound in his left butt and right hip. The robbers where given medical attention and taken to prison. It also stated that both robbers had no previous criminal record.

The Theater Shooting: (It is unclear at this moment to declare what definitely happened, but I will try to state things that should be factual.)

A lone gunman entered a theater through an emergency exit and threw a tear-gas canister into the room. He then shot a warning shot in the air. Seconds later, he began shooting people as he walked up and down the isle. Strange enough, one witness agreed that there were “moments of silence” (Jennifer Seeger, NBC interview on the Today Show) shortly followed by gunshots at people trying to escape. As of now, I believe that 12 people were killed and 20+ are injured. The gunman was eventually arrested and taken to prison. The gunman is also believed to not have any previous criminal record.

The Café shooting is an example of a citizen being proactive in maintaining his safety and the safety of others, where as the theater shooting shows people being passive with the hope that no harm will come to them from the situation. Furthermore, the two very different outcomes clearly demonstrate the significant role that CC played in order to permit café man to take control of the situation and perform actions that protected himself and the many others around him. This is just one of the many reasons why I feel there is a right/reason to carry a concealed firearm.

I invite anyone to comment, but only in a civil manner.

Mav

Edited by Mav 7/20/2012 14:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)