AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insight and logging 3 products
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Buckwheat
Posted 10/17/2007 13:53 (#221346 - in reply to #221189)
Subject: Re: Insight and logging 3 products

Gary,

I have been working with Doug W @ PCM through EQUIP and CSP. Zones currently are based on 3 years of SATT IMAGERY but am wanting to verify with yield maps. Am also finding elevation has a LOT to do with areas of low P, ie high knobs are low in P because of past erosion I suppose. That is the main reason I got a 2340 cart so I can vary my P as I seed. Am seeing good results in increasing P in low P zones. Everybody is going ga ga over VRC NITROGEN, I think the better place to do it is with P myself.

Yes, seperate yields in each zone. Also am trying to impress upon the Agronomy guys that I do not have an unlimited fertilizer dollar so I want he biggest band for my buck, ie economic yield goals, not just yield goals with no thought to the cost. Was speaking with a friend the other day who had some soil testing done for CSP and the advisor ( dont know who it was) came up with a blend that totalled 350 lbs per acre and cost around $60 an acre!!!! this is for dryland wheat in Liberty County Montana. Crazy

Drove by your place over Labor day, had to see if the front was as fry as they said it was.....it was...................
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)