AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

connecting garmin 16 to a usb connector
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 10/15/2007 08:32 (#219698 - in reply to #219680)
Subject: It's a 16hvs

I bought this from someone that sets these up for yield monitors. It generally works fine, but when I loose the differential the yield numbers get way off (-60 bushels). I thought updating the firmware might make it work better, but no luck yet. Mine came from whoever set it up (I don't remember where I got it) with a serial cable with the wiring setup to work with agleader. I'm not sure where I got it, but I have a 'null' modem cable that is wired to change it back to work with a pc (I took the ends apart and used the garmin wiring diagram for reference). Anyway, I didn't get the cigarette lighter power supply, so I'm using a small 12 volt class 2 transformer/power supply used for a linksys router - it measures 16 volts when connected to the garmin (I think the hvs can use 4 to 40v or something, so 16v should be ok - right?).

I also tried a usb to serial adapter for my laptop (new laptops don't have serial ports) with no success. I'd really like to get this done before the elevator starts taking corn again.

Thanks,

Pat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)