AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ok what if the corn # is
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

huskerguy
Posted 7/15/2012 21:07 (#2487359 - in reply to #2487312)
Subject: RE: Ok what if the corn # is

90 bu. U.S. corn yeild...

**Don't know where corn futs. will top out but i suspect it will be about the same price whether its a 90 bu. or a 120 bu. crop. The price at the top will be adequate to destroy enough or more than enough demand to make the blance sheets work out. If 40% of ethanol can't make the price of corn work, the other 60% is close to in the same boat.
**Insurance claims will get paid and gov. will step in to backstop any problems with underwriters failing. What same type coverage will cost in 2013 is a whole different story!
**No thoughts on this forcing general economy to places its not already headed. Can't be helpful but doubt it alone turns things upsidedown.
**Someone posted questions about short crop - long tail today. Don't see how you paint this any other way... there's going to be a lot of demand diapear in the coming months. I personally doubt ethanol will look the same for years to come. Livestock will trim numbers out of pure necessity. Then IFand i capitolized the IF... decent weather returns and we have a normal growing season in 2013 we could have a 13 billion bu. supply matced up with a 10 billion bu. demand. Beans will have plenty to say about corn acreage in 2013 before the planters roll again.
**This is becoming an historic event and we will see some crazy things happen in the coming year. Most of which will not be good for the long term health of agriculture!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)