AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Irrigation Pipe Press
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Ben D, N CA
Posted 7/14/2012 19:39 (#2485287 - in reply to #2485172)
Subject: RE: Irrigation Pipe Press

Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot
Is is some strange length pipe or something so that you cannot swap it out for one somewhere else?

I guess I should consider myself lucky that several neighbors have them. That said, I usually take it to Klamath. Whatever they charge is usually worth me not having to spend all day reeducating myself on how to press the pipe, in that particular press. They aren't all the same and I've ruined new fittings not setting a die right.

Only thing I usually press is repairs on solid set and wheelines sections. I've gotten rid of all of my Western and other pipe, so it is all the same Travis pipe. I keep a couple of spare 40's and a male and female mover pipe extra. Has saved me a lot of trips, and made a few friends since they've gotten borrowed a time or two. Mainline I'll weld, and a lot of other repairs you can weld as well. I've been told that you cannot weld wheeline pipe, but I've got some in a half mile that is hard to roll in tall wheat, with a welded sleeve in the middle. I was going to swap it out to the end and never got too it. I think I'd invest in a good aluminum welder ($1000 would do it) and a couple extra pipes before a press.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)