AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

PFAdvantage inaccuracies
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

EJH1466
Posted 10/12/2007 15:14 (#218386 - in reply to #218311)
Subject: RE: PFAdvantage inaccuracies

far northeast corner of MO
I haven't checked the cal numbers yet. I suppose something could be off there. Here's the process I use to calibrate a yield monitor:
I cut at least 4 loads sometimes 5 loads of about 4,000 lbs. I never do bushels. I also check the moisture of each load and average them. It's usually within a .10% of the elevator, so just leave it alone. I vary the flow by varying the speed of the combine on each load. The flow was varied the other day even more because I varied my speed, but also I was going through spots of good beans and poor beans. The yeild varies a lot across the field. After I've cut my cal loads I cal the monitor and then run a test load to see how accurate it is. It might be within 5 pounds on the test load of about 6000 lbs. So, what am I doing wrong or different than you? Am I overlooking something I should be doing another way? Yes, the yields vary from farm to farm, but I'd be spending all my time calibrating a monitor if that was the case. Could be shelling 120 bushel corn one day and the next it could be 150 bushel corn. It can vary that much in one field too, or more.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)