AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stripe Rust in HRW
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Luke Skywalker
Posted 6/10/2006 14:44 (#18439 - in reply to #18433)
Subject: RE: Stripe Rust in HRW

Arva, Ontario
Darin,

In Europe, the nickname for stripe rust is "Yellow Death". It literally turns fields yellow very quickly.

Are you sure you have identified the organism correctly? (sorry, I'm not questioning your intellect - just asking the question)

Have you consulted a label for application window growth stages and 'days to harvest interval'?

Do you have enough of the wheat priced that you can say to yourself with certainty that this product + application will cost me 'x' # of bushels, and that it does/doesn't look like we can get this out of an application?

With 20% of the plants with some level of disease, you'd better act quickly.

For me, if I had answered enough of these questions affirmatively, I'd put some product on. I'd also do at least one side by side to confirm whether it was the correct decision.

By the way, from our experience, it will not only increase yield but it should increase the test weight, possibly reduce protein (more bushels - less protein content).

Remember, I'm surrounded by water here in SWOntario (read humid and unstable weather), and you're in Montana. I am waaaay out of my depth to make recommendations 'there'. I am however glad that you have scouted, found it, and are willing to do something. If you feel inclined, get some fungicide on, measure the results, and let us know how you made out.

Luke aka Ken SWOnt
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)