AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Resurrection and marketing - [thanks Mizzou Tiger]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

bigmoe
Posted 7/4/2012 12:07 (#2466034 - in reply to #2465922)
Subject: I am not a follower but,,,,

ecmn
I like reading MT's posts. Some of the info he brings forward is very good. I think most of this is just luck or someone else's bad luck. The one thing I really feel he does a good job with is the numbers and what has to happen to get to the yields we need.

When I first started reading here on market talk in the spring of 11, I remember him saying at that time that for us to get the big acres (94 mil.?) last year that everything would need to be perfect. He never said that it was going to rain everyone one out for over a month, just called it to our attention to watch and see if it went as good as it had to, to get where we needed to be. We all seen how that turned out. Now this year everyone is all giddy over this supposed 96-100 million acres going to get planted. He told everyone to look out because our averages are not that good with that many acres. He got very lucky on the drought to help his case along, we can all see that now as it is spreading wider.

Is he the best guy to listen to, probably not, is he the worst, no way, not any worse than anybody else on this site and probably a huge step up from some of the so called "experts". What I have learned here is you have to take a part of everyones thoughts and put them together. MT has made me think about the first part of the process. Planting date, how fast the acres are going in or not going in, the weather we need to achieve to get the bushels, and so on. Maybe it is just luck that we had one year keep us from planting the big acres we needed and another that let us plant the acres but took them back on account of dry weather, I don't know. In a way you have to give him a little credit.

I don't live by what he says but I do read and make my own judgements from the info he provides along with everyone else. I am going to make a sale when it's right for my situation no matter what any of you guys say. And I hope you do the same. I believe we need just as many bears as we do bulls(and MT makes up for about 8 bulls) to keep this forum a great place to be a part of. Like him or not this page has been a lot more active since he has come back. Just look at the amount of posts per day when he was gone vs today. I used to be able to read all the posts from a day in about 15 minutes now since he has been back there has been a lot of days where it takes over an hour to catch up for the day. Maybe the weather has helped that too, but the more discussion on here the better for everybody.

Hopefully this makes sense to everyone and there isn't to much rambling. I hope you all realize that you need to use multiple sources and not just one to make your marketing plan the best. MT will fall I am sure, but not today. Is he overwelming, yep can be at times. Do we need Tara, Mlebrun, Ray Jenkins, Illinois Steve, coup, northmofarm, Markwright, and on and on and on. You darn right we do, so lets all get along and provide the info that we all have to this site, and keep making Market Talk the best place on the net.

Happy and safe Independence Day to everyone!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)