AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 7/4/2012 14:34 (#2466287 - in reply to #2460224)
Subject: RE: On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)

south central IOWA
The idea looks nice but I have a few random thoughts I'm sure you have answers for.

The design looks weak IMO. I would like to see more of a wishbone design like the old JD 7000 frame mounted no-til coulters. I understand using something you already produce but you're using something designed to be pulled and are now trying to push it. Maybe you have already ran it across thousands of acres in all different conditions and know it works well IDK.

The unit looks simple enough as a whole on a stand like you have it. Joe mentions something about adding a bar up front to put the foresight units on. With all the different planters, sizes, and the way they fold up, have you got that all figured out? Then, once you start adding all this weight up front on the planter it has to throw the weight ballast off doesn't it?

Are you going to be able to show me a ROI with this product? If I am already getting 95% final stand from my planting population, how are you going to help me out? If I am planting at 34,000 I could get a final stand at 26,000 and technically still have the potential to get optimum yield. That's roughly a 23% uh oh. So to me, the foresight is only going to start helping me at the 24% and higher uh oh's.

The idea is there I'm just a little skeptical. Please be careful with all those mirrors. You break one and it's 7 years bad luck........... ;-)

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)