AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

play in the dirt
Posted 7/4/2012 19:12 (#2466774 - in reply to #2466626)
Subject: RE: On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)

south central IOWA

Thanks for the reply.

I watched that video before I posted and noticed the triangulation for the closing wheel and figured that added some strength. Now with the foresight you take that away and are now pushing it. I'm no engineer but it just makes me think it will be harder on things and require more strength in this application of pushing.

This system is obviously not for everyone nor every operation. But there is likely a very signifant ROI for some operators in some locations and conditions.

Lots of soil types and changing conditions in what I would assume a large percentage of fields planted every year. I'm trying to picture the fields where there is a 25% stand reduction or greater and it is a consistant problem for the operation. If there is/are places like that than is this the solution for their problem or is it another aspect of their planter setup.

Again, thanks for the reply and I hope my questions/concerns are not troubleing or hard to answer so that you have to beat around the bush to answer them. Make me a believer Jim since you're the one that started this........

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)