AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Land Manager II RPM channel
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Applicator
Posted 10/9/2007 08:46 (#216654)
Subject: Land Manager II RPM channel

I need some help here.  I can not get Dickey-john to fix a flaw in the RPM channel (PWM)  software.  The basic speed regulation is excellent, spinner RPM error is normally less than 2%, but the Land Manager tries to maintain the set RPM when turning.  The hydraulic system does not have enough volume to do this with the engine speed down and the result is a pulse width way too high (exceeding 50% many times) when the next swath is started.  This causes a bad pattern when the swath is started and with the pulse width taking 3 times as long to slow down as it does to speed up, the pattern is bad for much too long.  New Leader, Mid Tech, and Raven RPM channels handle this by locking the pulse width when the conveyer is off.  Fixing this would be a minor programming effort by Dickey-john.  I have requested this about twice a year for about four years.  The technical support and sales personal do not have the horsepower to get it done, even though they agree with me.

Unless I can somehow hit the mule in the head with a 2 x 4 and get his attention, five Dickey-john control systems will be enough, the next one will be another brand.  Any help would be very welcome.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)