AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using charts to help with marketing crops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SeniorCitizen
Posted 10/4/2007 21:26 (#214463 - in reply to #214442)
Subject: Re: Using charts to help with marketing crops

I believe anyone involved in agriculture should be familiar with charts. I am very long term in view and there are some formations in each market which I have learned provide a valuable clue to market direction. Corn, for example, frequently leaves gaps which have been pretty accurate in revealing a market top. They are very important if you are a trader, which I was at one time...charts indicate the most likely spots for badly placed stop-losses the public & chartists use...they are most generally wrong and are usually good places to have resting orders to buy. I entered my first corn trade in 1962, and was taught how to chart by a female trader in 1968...I would see her in the brokerage office, she was considerably older than I, but I noticed she bought a new Lincoln about every 6 months. She was a wheat trader by the way, originally from Texas. For me, charts provide some clues as to tops and bottoms but are very little help in between...I've known a lot of folks who went broke trading commodities literally off charts...and systems. The simple reality is: when everyone gets on board, bearish or bullish, the market will gladly take their money. As an old timer once told me "I've really never been wrong that much, I just ran out of money at the wrong time."
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)