AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Soybean Plant Health
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ed Winkle
Posted 6/8/2006 09:12 (#17961)
Subject: Soybean Plant Health

Martinsville, Ohio

Like many of  you I have been receiving all of those Plant Health TM reminders.  Saw first hand what a fungicide did for crops last year, more than paid for itself in hundreds of trials, some right here and next door.

Some of these soybeans are so yellow they sure like they need some "help."  Need to make myself pull tissue samples and pay for a look at "hidden hunger" and all the other problems affecting soybeans in this region mentioned in my post below.

Never had much success with foliar feeds but some of you have.

Are you planning a foliar feed, if so what product and analysis if you have it?  Looked up BTN mentioned below, sounds interesting, never got a consistent repsonse as mentioned on their website like I saw with fungicide last year.

Are you applying a fungicide?  If so, how much, which product?  R1 is going be here before we all know it...

I can see Septoria rearing its ugly head already, probably gonna pay as well or better than last year to apply a fungicide and/or foliar feed, hate mashing down drilled beans(I know, could have been avoided in rows or planned skip rows but never did it either)

Your thoughts?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)