AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spray drift and a garden question, what to prepare myself with before talking to the neighbor
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 6/3/2012 23:07 (#2413075 - in reply to #2412847)
Subject: Re: Spray drift and a garden question, what to prepare myself with before talking to the neighbor

n.c.iowa

Dirk Diggler - 6/4/2012 08:33 I had a neighbor call me a couple of years ago claiming that I killed his tree. I came over immediately. We looked at the tree and it had wrinkled leaves. I agreed that it was definatly dead. I asked him what I owed him for his tree. "$1200" he says. I got out my checkbook and wrote him a check for $1200, we shook hands on good terms. I walked to my truck, got out my chainsaw and fired it up. He asked what I was doing. I said, "I am cutting down my tree. It is dead and I am gonna heat my house with it." He thought that we should wait and see if it really is dead. I told him that I would more that happy to sell it back to him for $1300. After all, it would make more sense for him to own it since it was in his yard. He gave me my check back and we agreed that maybe we should wait and see if the tree will grow out of it. LMAO
similar story.a nieghbor of mine a few years ago had a helicopter spray his corn field,a few days later the lady that lived on the acreage called and said that they killed her garden,so they called the applicator and he said he had seen her garden and that he hadn't sprayed within 250 ft of it,and that the wind was blowing away from it also.so any way he came over and met with my neighbor,and the owner of the garden.so after much screeching from the garden lady about destroying her years work and contaminating the soil,etc.they reached a monetary settlement after much intense discussion. he wrote her a check then backed his pickup up to the garden,and told his helper to start loading his pickup,well garden lady got pretty upset and wanted to know what he was doing,his reply"i just bought this miserable patch of ground with everything on it and i'm taking the green stuff now,and later this afternoon the backhoe and dumptruck will be here to replace your contaminated soil with clean soil".she quickly handed his check back and everything was forgotten.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)