AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Moisture testers------ good? bad??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jakescia
Posted 10/1/2007 22:54 (#212978 - in reply to #212905)
Subject: I think I am impressed.......do a reality check on this for me.......

Oskaloosa, Iowa 52577

Following that website you listed to the Canadian Grain Commission's site.........

http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/Pubs/Moisture/moisture-e.htm#content3

It says that:

"How the CGC ensures the precision of its meters

The CGC uses the Model 919/3.5" moisture meter for official testing of grain samples. It operates over 100 of these meters at locations across Canada. The CGC's Grain Research Laboratory (GRL) provides conversion tables for use with these meters.

Every two weeks, the GRL performs a check test on all CGC meters. The check test is performed to ensure that all CGC meters operate within our allowable tolerances of +0.2 percent moisture.

Check test samples are made available to the head offices of all major grain companies. Companies use these to compare the results of one of their meters with all CGC meters. This meter can be used as a standard if a company wishes to establish its own check test system."

The cost on the website you indicated was only 1150---1450 Canadian for the 919................so rather than spending 2800 for a DJ GAC2100, it would appear that one could buy that which the Canadian Grain Commission uses for about 1500 less.

I was quite willing to spend 1200 for a reconditioned GAC 2000.

What am I missing/overlooking?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)