AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

windmills = no rain??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

farmer12345
Posted 5/31/2012 18:01 (#2407706 - in reply to #2407521)
Subject: Re: windmills = no rain??

agricon - 5/31/2012 15:42

Maybe off topic but an engineer that designs these things once told me that it takes more energy to construct, maintain and produce the material for these turbines then it will produce in it's lifetime.

Some food for thought, might as well burn natural gas and coal instead of making steel for turbines.

I call bs on that, at least for the large ones. Those things produce a ton of electricity once you start to figure it all out.

As far as the overall question, I've heard that there was a couple of studies that showed that rainfall was lower in areas that had wind turbines, but IDK, they were done in the early 2000's when it was very dry in the area so IDK what the more recent research has shown, because the area where they were has been very wet the last few years.

If you talk to climatologist they will say many things could cause your problems, I've heard the crops grown, to large bodies of water, to irrigation to buildings, to many things that could cause it. Or it could just be the man upstairs decided your area didn't deserve the water this time around. I really don't know. If you could find me a real scientific study that shows any real research on this issue I'd like to see it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)