AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

poissin ivy crop
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

jcs
Posted 10/1/2007 17:25 (#212797 - in reply to #212642)
Subject: Re: poissin ivy crop

Oklahoma
The alcohol trick works for me too. If you do it within about 30 minutes of contact, no infection at least for me. Plus it will get rid of ticks and chiggers that might be on you too.

I haven't tried any of the pills but have used most of the hydrocortizone products and they help but don't clear it up quick enough for me.

This will sound totally crazy but a hot iron or knife will do it too. Those days were your out in the field and itching, just stop and set the infected area up on a hot hood or something that has been sitting in the sun and is fairly hot to the touch, it will make it feel a whole lot better. In college I didn't have the hot surface around so me being about as smart as Jethro Bodine, I used an iron and ended up branding my arm. So if you use an iron, use the lowest setting (or the lowest setting, then turn it off until its cool enough), and you want it just hot enough to touch with your fingers for a second. If you can't touch it with your fingers, its too hot. Usually I will hold the iron (or what ever) against it until I can't stand it. I guess it burns that oil in there or something because once or twice of doing that, and it doesn't itch anymore.

Another product my dad got me is called Relief. I think its for cats and dogs since hes a vet but it seems to deaden the itching.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)