AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Crop Insurance and Monsanto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

easy
Posted 9/30/2007 23:51 (#212531 - in reply to #212116)
Subject: RE: Crop Insurance and Monsanto

Hey Rob,
Thought maybe you fell in somewhere and couldn't get out!
What do you think will be allowed in the pilot program? Maybe a couple thousand acres per county? Regardless, before everybody goes off the deep end and spends all of their savings, I'm guessing that the larger percentage discounts will be on the lower levels of coverage and will apply to the bushels only, not the revenue portion of coverage. That would only make sense because, theoretically anyway, as the production goes up the price will go down increasing the opportunity of the revenue claim. Also, if a fellow has been using triples for as long as he could his APH could already be reflecting the technology. A few years back Zurich Re and Allendale were promoting a product that would push the coverage to 90% because the production capabilities had rapidly exceeded the APH's. This is a similar concept.
I feel that even though the technology may exceed my APH I will 'catch' the technology within a couple years and things will even out. Regardless of the technology, Mother Nature has a way of leveling the playing field.

Enough rambling, my opinion is Monsanto has gone where they don't belong. But the real question is Who invited them in???? And Why???And you can bet that when the day is over the farmer will not be saving much money.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)