AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

monsanto
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

NEMOScott
Posted 9/27/2007 22:02 (#210887 - in reply to #210638)
Subject: Ever read the tech agreement?

Callao, Missouri
Now, I mean...... REALLY read it? You'll find all kind of goodies in there for the company, but few for the "grower". Since when did we become "growers" instead of farmers? It is my belief that we started down that road somewhere along the time that RR soybeans came out and we surrendered our seed-saving rights.

Yes, I know; I am not FORCED to buy their stuff. But nonetheless, if they can determine that I am planting their stuff without their permission, I will be liable. On the flip side, if my NON-GMO beans don't pass the test because of genetic contamination, will Monsanto pay the lost premium that I would of had without the presence of the RR gene? I doubt it.

Maybe I didn't look hard enough, but I didn't see in the literature any way to opt out of the agreement for 2008. I haven't even got 2007's crop in the bin, but they already have me down for 2008.

By planting their products, we give up certain freedoms. I'm not saying that's the end of the world, its just something that creates understandable resentment.

Scott

Edited by NEMOScott 9/27/2007 22:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)