AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

old man's parts person rant..................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry in AB
Posted 4/29/2012 14:17 (#2359837 - in reply to #2359526)
Subject: RE: old man's parts person rant..comes down to attitude

Alberta, Canada
Attitude I don't care if they are young old or whatever if they have a good attitude I don't mind if they are a rookie as long as they are willing to learn. Nothing more frusterating talking to a guy across the counter asking for a part and have them say ... sorry we don't have that when I know damn well they do!!!

A few years back I needed a heavy duty v belt at a place. I was there for 20 minutes with the guy who acted like he knew everything but sure didn't seem like it to me. I was getting no where and ready to leave thank goodness someone I knew walked by the front counter who worked there and I yelled to him to help us out. He knew exactly what I wanted flipped through the book and showed the guy "right here" and gave him a look like " this isn't rocket science". It was clear that the parts guy didn't know there even was this kind of V belt in the back on the shelf.

My rant would be why don't the rookie parts guys ask for assistantance when they are stumped instead of telling the customer .... sorry we don't have that and to go else where!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)