AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do you guys hold grain for long periods?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

plowboy
Posted 9/28/2007 00:25 (#211020 - in reply to #209733)
Subject: RE: Just to clarify . . .

Brazilton KS

We don't normally seal the fans on corn bins other then the shudders on them being closed.

VI I don't know what part of mass you are not understanding here.  There is a big difference between putting a lb of corn in a cooler and letting it sit open in the sun vs putting five million pounds of corn in a bin and letting it sit.    It takes quite some time to cool off five million pounds of anything, especially something like grain which really does not conduct heat all that well.   I have no idea where you are drawing your expertise from on this topic, but I can show you several million bushels of storage here locally which is managed just like I have said, and has been for twenty years or better with no appreciable insect problems.    You will not sweat when emptying a bin of corn which has been frozen and kept sealed even in the next August.  Grain temperature will easily still be in the 40's at delivery, and that's after being elevated once or twice and hauled a hundred miles or so. 

I don't know what we have done to offend you so, but your claims that it does not work are diametrically opposed to actual practice and the results.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)