AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

You optimistic or pessimistic?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

getitdone1
Posted 9/21/2007 22:41 (#207507)
Subject: You optimistic or pessimistic?

We have intelligent people on both sides of the biofuel issue.

Wonder if we could take a vote here and see what percent of us are optimistic and what percent are pessimistic.

Me, I'm optimistic. That is, I believe much higher corn, bean and wheat prices will be with us for the next several years.

I believe there's a lot of people saying these high crop prices cannot last and I think a lot of that attitude is due to being dissappointed in the past and also difficulty believing the magnitude of the biofuel boom. I think there's a good chance that biodiesel can start booming soon--just like ethanol did last year.

Was there ever a positive factor in the history of farming equal to that of the biofuels? That can take some getting used to. (Postive, that is, for the "grain farmers." Livestock farmers are another story and I appreciate their hurt from high grain prices.)

I can't see how the biofuel boom can go bust with both political parties for it and the public concern about global warming and pollution in general.

I lot of people say the "oil companies" will see to it that the biofuel boom turns into a bust. I don't agree.

Don McCullough
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)