AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hey Sampsen
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

sampsen
Posted 9/21/2007 00:09 (#207102 - in reply to #206494)
Subject: RE: Hey Sampsen

Dagmar, MT
Hi Wheatwacker. Yes I am from Dagmar. My parents and my family are the only sampsens left here. There's one other family but they use an "on" instead of the "en". I figured you had to be close by. If you go about 13 miles straight west of Grenora you'd end up in my yard.

I spoke too soon on the 11.50 they all went up to 11.25 today though. I don't know if it means anything but yesterday when they went to 11.00, they also offered $0.15 more for Jan,Feb, Mar and $0.30 more for April,May, June. This was at CGI in P'wood. I'm not sure of Westby/Fortuna. I've no idea what happens from now on but prices keep going up! I sold too much this summer also when the crop looked so good. I do think that $10.00 popped a lot of durum loose, yet prices continued to rise. The way prices keep moving up, I think the end users are more scared that they'll have to pay more down the road, than we are scared that prices will drop.

This all has to be tied to Canada's crop or lack thereof. Lentils have went up $3.00 or more since harvest started. Of course most of these are already priced as well. If you've got crop to sell yet, pat yourself on the back because most farms around here don't. $5.00 durum cleaned alot of old,old crop out this winter. I cleaned out a couple of landlord's bins that he'd been keeping since '98 for $5.00 last winter.

Good luck.

Cory Sampsen
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)