AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

article about shortage of farmers
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

cib
Posted 4/15/2012 22:59 (#2338340 - in reply to #2338283)
Subject: Re: article about shortage of farmers - humility

Chester, GA and Griffith, IN
Jim - 4/15/2012 21:35

SteveMn - 4/15/2012 17:55 There is no shortage, and there never will be....In fact if the bottom 20% quit right now, the national average yields would go up, as the guys that like me, that know what we are doing would be able to have more acres, cows etc. as compared to the bottom 20% not knowing what to do and how to do, or dont have the money to do it.

You may "know what you are doing" and be ready to suck up the "bottom 20%'s" land but evidently you missed the class on humility.

BTW I wonder how the "bottom 20%" is being defined here? By size? By profitability?  I know some "bottom 20%" size-wise that are more profitable then many of the "upper 80%"

I suggest it is easier to "know what you are doing" and feel superior with $6 corn then it is with $2 corn.  jmho.

Jim at Dawn

Doubt he has a clue that many time the smaller farmers don't have the "good" soil and have to make due with what they have. I've seen many "great" farmers take over a small farm and have production go down because they try to make a square peg fit a round hole.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)