AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Grain prices and power
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jwab
Posted 9/18/2007 21:10 (#205845 - in reply to #205820)
Subject: RE: Grain prices and power

western alberta
Everytime I forward price the price goes higher. I'm scared to do it anymore, not that I've done it a lot in the past. I like to know what i have before I sell.

From what I read the world supplies are getting pretty tight but that would change if we all started eating beans and less meat. Not sure I want to give up my steaks though.

Supply and demand is still how it works but I'm not sure how many of us can hold for optimum prices as the overhead is not what it used to be and grain prices are not proportionally higher. I think a lot of us sell regardless of price as we need cash flow. I know my grandpa coould hold grain for a year and get by, I don't think there are many who can do that now.Like I said if we could do that we would have more power over the market.

Wouldn't it be something if us "dumb farmers" had that control.

Here in western Canada, the Wheat Board is a prime example, contolling movement and price of our wheat,etc. As if all we know how to do is grow it.

As I see it, the prices have been high before but that bubble always bursts. I don't want to sound negative, just realistic.

Jeff

Edited by jwab 9/18/2007 21:12
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)