AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

OT? - Work Gloves
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Hedge tree
Posted 6/5/2006 14:06 (#17276 - in reply to #17101)
Subject: RE: OT? - Work Gloves

Central Kansas
There is quite a bit of difference between cheap and good in leather gloves. I have purchased gloves of various leather types at farm shows and the like. I prefer a supple glove that you can 'feel' things with but they tend to wear poorly. Cowskin, after they get wet or sweaty, get stiff and rot. Pigskin is much better in that respect, but wears poorly. Mule skin and Elk leather wear well but are sure pricey. So....I essentially have it down to two choices. Go to Sams and buy a package of the cuffed, leather palmed glove made by Wolverine. They are tough, wear well, but don't have the 'feel' concept to them. Good for fencing, throwing bales, picking rocks, cutting wood, etc. For more precise work and hand protection, I prefer some form of the so-called mechanic's glove....the nylon type with a velcro wrist adjustment. They wear pretty darn good, have excellent 'feel' and are not as hot and sweaty as full leather. I have worn a pair all spring chopping musk thistle and they are still fully intact. My hands are wide with short fingers making most gloves fit poorly. These mechanic-type seem to fit almost everyone. Current ones are DeWalt.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)